Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Well the plane tickets are set

We leave May 1st from Philly with our bikes and our gear and fly into Oakland... From there our first trip will be to the bike shop for last minute items and a last minute check up for the bikes... then hopefully May 2nd we will be dipping our back tires in the pacific!

I have been thinking about this trip for a long time. I was asked to ride cross country at the end of High School, but at the time I wasnt ready...(for lots of reasons) but here it is. I wish I was 19 again physically, but hey I bet a lot of us wish that too?

I have recieved lots of support from all sorts of people and I will be thanking hundreds, I am guessing, by the time the trip is done. The pledges are pouring in too! I am excited to think of all of those zeros being added to people's lives if I can make it!

So keep the thoughts and ideas coming. I already have a pink ribbon requested...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, here is your first comment, from your cousin Mary Ann, no less. ARE YOU NUTS?!! No really, Tom, we're HASBROOKS - we're pale and prone to corpulence! Okay, so I'm proud of you. Good luck