Thursday, May 10, 2007

Middlegate Station





Well last night we did not make it to Fallon. We slept along the banks of a lake 20 miles out. It was beautiful! We had our Raman noodles up at the privy, becasue that is the only place that the wind was reasonable enough to use the stove. I fell asleep with the big dipper right over my head and the good soreness of a hard days work.

Today we got up at the crack of sunlight. We did over 20 miles before 8:00am! We had breakfast in Fallon and then tanked up and headed off into the Nevada back country. Well after more than 70 miles and several 1000 ft elevation climbs... we made it to Middlegate station... When I say one horse... I am being generous! It is a beautiful saloon and hotel. They have free internet... so that is why I have been able to update so soon.

I am hoping to enroll Erik to stop these 12 hour days!

I miss all of you soooooo much and I think of the ride into Wilmington often!

Much love
T & E

5 comments:

London Andrews said...

Wow! You're doing it and I am so jealous that you're getting to camp outdoors with a good friend...... I need that. Perhaps in TX it will happen. You are awesome, keep pedaling. : )

Scott said...

Tom, your trip is really an inspiration. Keep blogging, Bruce and I are having fun tracking your progress.

JHS said...

Scott, you should check out the map I am doing of their progress.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100166537273525461929.000001126873bbd7261f1&om=1&ll=38.852542,-121.393433&spn=3.020056,5.141602&z=8

Lori Liu (aka Kieran's mama) said...

Tom, how the hell are you doing this? you amaze me.
You should have started in Oregon...
L

Brooksie said...

Tom- We are so impressed. Stewart and I actually bought bikes today and spent the evening riding around Dallas. You should see Charlotte strapped on to the back of my bike with her infant helmet. She looked so cute. Keep up the good work. We are amazed and proud of you! Lots of Love,
Brooksie, Stewart and Charlotte