Saturday, June 16, 2007

Almost out of Kansas

Well Kansas has been good to us... Last night we stayed in a city park... the weather held and we slept like babies... The night before we stayed at Jerry and Shirley Smiths... they are an amazing cycling couple... He has done over 200k miles in his bicycling career and she has done a lot with him. They fed us and washed our clothes and sent us on our way... thank you for the hospitality and the prayers.

Well today I was awakened by a rousing rendition of HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! yes 41 years young today... I am not sure how I will celebrate it today, but I bet there will be some pedaling involved... same with tomorrow and Father's Day... I bet pedaling will be involved... maybe a new state tomorrow!!! now that would be a great gift...

Well we have blown way past the half way mark... We are around 2000 miles and are blasting towards home... I have been instructed that I am to keep the playoff beard and not cut my hair until we roll into Wilmington... I am sure it will be a sight!

Jennifer... the bracelet is fine... I currently have it tucked in my bag for safe keeping... it would rot off if I didn't the sun screen has that effect on rubber. I look at it every night and think of why we ride almost hourly.

Well keep the comments coming... keep the questions and suggestions going... We love it and excitedly check the blog when ever we get a chance.

Much love all
t

5 comments:

Brooksie said...

Happy Birthday Tom! I had no idea you were so old! :) I hope that you have a great Father's Day and a wonderful birthday. I know they miss you at home. I can't believe you are over the half way point! Did you ever hear about that guy who walked from San Fran to NY? He lost about 150 lbs. Now that is a LONG walk! Take care!

Love always,
Brooksie, Stewart and Charlotte

Brooksie said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday, dear Tom!
Happy Birthday to You!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Lori Liu (aka Kieran's mama) said...

Wow, you seem like you are doing great!
Happy B-day old friend.
Much love,
Lori, Kenny and Kieran

Thomas Del Porte said...

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes

ilostmyhaloagain said...

Tom,
Mercedes told me it was your birthday, and this is the first chance I've gotten to post. HAPPY BIRTHDAY....um...4 days late, but no less heartfelt. Love ya, dude!
Chrissy