Monday, June 11, 2007

So good by Colorado, hello Kansas

Well it has been since Pueblo since I posted last... We stayed at a wonderful woman's house in Ordway, CO. She opens her house to distance bikers every year. Last year she had 83 bikers. I would recommend he hospitality to anyone going her way. She is on west 9th street... ask me for details... my e-mail is on my profile here.

Then next day we made it to Eads, CO... we were able to stay just in front of a rain front all day and pulled into town on the heals of a major wind storm... The topography is flat... well compared to delaware it is hilly, but the hills are miles up and then down... never getting more than a few feet in elevation difference. So not climbing or no coasting either.

Yesterday we made it to state number five. Kansas... Also we made it to another time zone... We are in central time zone... only one more to go! We camped out in the town park of Leoni, KS... it was a nice park with a pool that was closed to us...

The comments are slowing and so is the pace of my posts... Hopefully when we get closer to home it picks up!

Today we have done 25 miles so far... it looks like we might make 90 today...? The weather permitting.

Thank you jim for the post... It was a great time that weekend. It meant a lot to us... Hopefully it was fun for you too... (I know it was!)

Tell me if you have any questions out there... keep the comments flowing. It makes us fly to know you all are watching!

Much love
T

2 comments:

ChrissyD said...

Hey Tom! You must have posted while I was re-reading your old posts! Aurora is here and I just showed her your photo (she was quite taken with Eric's butt shot) from the night of bourbon & fire. I know Jim is planning on hooking up with you guys again at some point. I'm thinking Kentucky...the theme from Deliverance is playing in my head...don't know if the Bluegrass State is ready for you three at one time!!!
Keep on keeping on!
Love ya!
Chrissy

Brooksie said...

Tom-

You look great and so happy! I can't believe that you are already in Kansas! You guys are making amazing progress. We eagerly await all of your posts. Keep up the good work. Stewart and I were in a store the other day and saw the funniest T-shirt. It had three squirrels sitting in a tree holding acorns. The caption said, "It's all fun and games until someone loses a nut." Stewart and I laughed and thought of you for some reason. (not that you are missing a nut...not that I know if you are or not, but that's not the point) Next to it was a matching shirt that had three campers cooking hotdogs over a fire. The caption said, "It's all fun and games until someone loses a weiner." I don't know why these t-shirts reminded us of you but we had a good laugh. We did get you a shirt but you will have to wait in suspense.

Take care,
Brooksie and Stewart