Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kansas is a blur...

I'm not sure if it is the heat that has melted my brain, the wind that blows in my ears to the point where I can't hear or the sameness of the terrain? Don't get me wrong... Kansas has been beautiful and it is the first state where we have seen a concentration of CC bikers. Everyone of them are going the other way. So we have been swapping intel about where to stay etc... (the road is washed away in front of us, but some industrious bicyclist have erected a temporary path across)

Today looks like we will get some rain... It has been raining constantly in Kansas since we have crossed the border, but just not on us... So maybe today we get wet? I'm betting not, but that is up to mother nature. (I spoke to soon. The rain started to pour on our bikes as we were sitting here)

We are fast approaching the 2000 mile mark. We met a man who has ridden 140,000 miles and has been on the road for the past 20 year. He is a comedian and gives concerts to pay for his riding and homelessness.

I think the name of the town in Lerned, KS that we are in... Most are small towns, farming towns with a giant silo and lots of farm equipment. Sometimes they have giant feeding stations for the cows... (soon to be beef) The smell and the bugs are awful... actually amazingly awful!

Well much love from the road...
t

Brooksie... The only nut I have missing is the the coconut rattling around my head... I must be crazy!

Jim... Pull out the maps and pick a place... KS is not a place to visit, but I am guessing the further east we go the better... More mishief opportunity...

6 comments:

Mark and Lindsay said...

Keep the faith baby, I grew up in KS, and you need to know that West KS is flat and windy, East becomes hilly (and windy). Enjoy east KS, especially get to the flint hills and river valleys (check the map between FT. Riley and Manhattan)

Lucky thing you're going East, the wind is at your back most of the time. Good job, keep pedalin, avoid the grain trucks.

ChrissyD said...

Glad to hear your nuts are secure, Tom....I'm betting your lovely wife is, too!

Chrissy

Brooksie said...

Have you seen Toto?

PeteHoffmann said...

The RAMM (Race Across America) riders are fast approaching....It takes them 9 daysor so (sickos)!!!!

Jennifer said...

Way to go! I am amazed you have made it so far. You look like you lost weight. Looking forward to your return and all the stories you will tell. How is the bracelet?

Unknown said...

I am really happy to see you guys are doing so well. I hope your bikes all your gear from Bike Line is holding up well. It looks like you are making great progress and it looks like you are having a fantastic adventure. Hope to see you soon back at the store in Wilmington.
Keep on hammerin'
Dave and the guys at Wilmington Bike Line