Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Brooksie's question

First off. Brooksie, thank you so much for all of your support. You have been a mainstay and wonderful source of support for me during and now after the trip. Thank you, thank you, Thank you.

As far as total lbs I am guessing I have lost 50 lbs. It has not just been the weight loss, but a re distribution of the weight. My waist is much smaller. my thighs and hips are tiny. My calves are huge compared, but are about the same size as before. I am not ripped by any stretch of the imagination, but part of it is that it will take quite some time for my body to absorb the extra skin and stuff... ick that sounds so gross, but I am guessing its true.

I am hoping to get pictures up on another source so everyone can see them all. Blog spot has limited bandwith for pictures... maybe later today if it keeps raining here in the poconos.

I would love to do this trip again. I think there is a way to attach a bike to mine so Sofia can ride with me and then have Mercedes ride solo... or maybe a tandem built for three? But yes... it is my hope to do this again. I was also thinking of crossing europe. They are well suited for touring by bike. So do you and Stewart want to join me or us?

I am hoping to paint alot. I am also hoping to work on marketing my work a little more. I have had this question posed by more than a few people and I thought maybe I am supposed to do something big for an encore... like take on world peace or cure cancer... but for right now... I'm just going to be an artist, a father and friend... If you have any suggestions... let me know.

My beard is not very long... mercedes says three inches, but how do you measure that sort of thing. It is dark red with two patches of gray. They are in two patches that make them look like I have white horns from my chin. My hair is long and wavy... So I look like I just came from the mountian. (or 3700 miles on a bike if you will.)


Liz... I have tons of info on gear if you want... I am not sure what interests you... so either e-mail me or write your interests here.

Thank you again Brooksie and everyone who wrote. I will be posting pictures soon.

Much love
t

4 comments:

Jason h said...

Hey! i'm going to cali this sunday.. gonna be there for a week, this is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash. later!

Unknown said...

Susan and I just biked 250 miles in Sweden on 7-speed touring bikes (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizzylizinator/726827187/) ... nothing quite so fab as your adventure, but totally beautiful!! I'd love to check out your bike one of these days. We'll have to mosey down to Wilmington when you're back in town.

PeteHoffmann said...

Way to go! I will be giving you a buzz soon to catch up.

Lori Liu (aka Kieran's mama) said...

Enjoy being home......must be nice to sleep in your bed again. congrats again!
L