Thursday, July 5, 2007

Gay's Creek post office hatched a new idea

So I was sitting in the Gay's Creek post office this morning with bike problems and the idea came to me... I'm not very tired any more, nor very hungry... I prefer to ride in the morning when it's cool and then it came to me... bike 14 hours a day and rest 10! I get up and ride at 6 am until 1pm and then sleep or rest until 6pm and then ride until 1am... I figured if I can get 100 to 140 miles in a day I can make it home sometime early next week. I am in Hazard to get out of the rain and then I'm off this evening to try this crazy idea... Who knows I may even like it.

Kentucky has been tough... Rain today made it scary, but it cooled things off... My goal is to get to Damascus, VA tommorow evening/morning if I can. Well I have to rest or this will never work.

Much love all.
t

2 comments:

Meg H said...

Hey, Tom! Sofia gave me the update on your trip today!

I google-mapped Damascus, looks like you are going pretty far south of Roanoke. My friend Susan's parents live just outside Roanoke, and would love to have you, so if I am wrong, let me know...

We're thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about it. We'll have to go down to the river and sit on the dock and listen to all the stories.

Good luck with the big push through VA!!!

Brooksie said...

Way to go!!

We are so proud of you!

Love,
Brooksie, Stewart and Charlotte