Saturday, July 21, 2007

cracked wheels

So I get my bike back from the bike shop last night and they tell me that the reason I was getting so many flats in the end of the trip was because the spokes were pulling through and had actually cracked the wheel! Yes the wheel was cracked in several places...

So I wanted to update my repair list. a new wheel is in order... (I still rode the bike last night for a small ride... I crave the exercize!)

So here is the equipment that needed repair on my bike during the whole trip and in my return...

8 inner tubes (all the back wheel)

spoke tape was replaced on the back wheel

2 chains one in Pueblo, CO and the second once home

5 tune ups... the one in pueblo was the best... they pulled off the sprokets on the wheel and the cranks and cleaned the bike up all for $19! most of the others just checked the bike and wiped the chain off...

The airline bent the post that holds my front break on, but they were able to bend it back... ( a scary proposition for a custom welded fork!)

I already mentioned in a previous post my displeasure with my NIKE shoes... grrrrrrrrrrr!

Things of note.... I did not need to replace the break pads on the bike... (maybe I am too much of a dare devil on the down hills)

Again... ask questions... it helps with the memory

and I'm sorry about the pics... they are going up soon!

much love
t

1 comment:

SallyO said...

Terry and I were in Europe for a couple of weeks so missed a couple of weeks of your story...Glad to hear you made it and you now have a buff body - not to mention hair and beard. Can't wait to see you - Will I recognize the man?

Sally