Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some reflections

OK 3,700 miles was a lot of pedaling... a plane would have been much faster.

the trip was filled with so many amazing stories. I will try to remember and post them as they come to me. One of my favorite examples of "its a small world" was the houston Hotel. Eya, who is one of the hotel's owners, used to live in Delaware County PA. She graduated from a local highschool and knew many of the people I grew up with in Valley forge. We frequented many of the same places as a kid and as an adult growing up on the main line. But here is a freaky small world happening...

she was given up for adoption as a baby. She had recently met her biological father for the first time... (last year) she had gone and visited him at his home in.... yep lake naomi in the poconos. I have been playing golf with him for years in the Friday men's league here in our pocono house development!

so how weird is that? I ride all the way across to Houston, Missouri and meet someone like that.

Several people have asked me how much weight I lost... well I have no idea the number of lbs, but I lost six pants sizes and two shirt sizes.

I hope as you have questions you ask.... It will help me remember and stay focused...

much love
t

No comments: