Friday, July 13, 2007

So it took 70 days

Today was a bittersweet day. I finished the ride in Yorktown around 5pm. Mercedes and Sofia drove down Wednesday to cheer me on for my last ride Thursday... I rode in from Ashland to Williamsburg by noon and we spent the day walking around colonial Williamsburg... then it was time. Time for me to finish what I started. I had received several congratulatory calls already and the last few miles seemed all but academic... Well they were some of the hardest thirteen miles of the trip. Not because of the terrain. in fact it was down hill most of the way, but because it was the end.

I will post more later today or maybe even over the next few days, but I made it!

Thank you all. Thank you for your love and support and most of all thank you all for being in my heart and head over these past 70 days. You should be proud of yourselves... you worked hard for me on my trip.

Anyway...

It will be my pillow tonight.

Much love
t

4 comments:

Unknown said...

U da man! Way 2 go! Give me a buzz sometime soon when you get back to normal.

Brooksie said...

We are SO proud of you! I am going to miss checking your blog and getting updates. What an accomplishment. Sofia should take you in for show and tell.

Love,
The Langs

Lori Liu (aka Kieran's mama) said...

I too, have enjoyed watching your progress. congratulations T, what a cool adventure!!!
Hugs,
Lori,Kenny and Kieran

Brooksie said...

now that you are back, have you washed your one pair of socks?